how we work
GRANTS AND AWARDS
SMALL AWARDS PROGRAM
- Pennywise makes grants to nonprofit organizations that leverage limited resources and use them to generate solutions to critical problems confronting the global community. The grants we make support effective, collaborative, sustainable programming. We are particularly interested in programs that generate income and/or cut costs while also reducing waste- both physical and economic.
- Grants are awarded on a rolling basis to invited applicants. Contact us for more information.
SMALL AWARDS PROGRAM
- The Pennywise Foundation’s Small Grant Program (SGP) offers grants of $1,000.00 (USD) or less to charitable organizations that share our priorities. This program is designed to exemplify our belief that relatively small monetary donations can have substantial impact when they are well utilized. The SGP endeavors to support overworked non-profits by offering awards without the grantees having to expend time or other resources in order to receive them. Instead, Pennywise assumes the responsibility for verifying that recipient organizations are eligible and exceptionally qualified.
- Small Awards will be given at the discretion of the Pennywise staff. Only organizations that are US 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations or the international equivalent will be considered for Pennywise Small Grants.
PARTNERSHIPS & PLANNING
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
- Pennywise supports programming and planning that can be brought to an increasingly large scale and that will last over time. We work actively to bring together potential partners so that impact can increase exponentially. We research possibilities for collaborations and provide the technical assistance to make them happen. Specifically, we offer professional facilitation; conduct strategic and budget planning and advise on best practices in evaluation and outcomes measurement.
- Pennywise is currently offering technical assistance to projects in Zambia, Brazil and the Caribbean. Contact us for more information about them or with project ideas.