last prisoner project
Mass incarceration has left prisons and jails highly susceptible to outbreaks of the coronavirus given overcrowding, lack of resources, and little access to medical care. Last Prisoner Project is advocating for the fair safe and humane treatment of prisoners during this crisis (and beyond!) by calling for:
- Release of prisoners scheduled to be released in the next 6 months •
- Parole for prisoners over the age of 65
- Suspension of copays for medical visits
- Ensuring free access to smart visitations and phone calls
- A moratorium on cannabis related arrests, citations or violations
- Release of all cannabis prisoners
Imagine sitting in a cell for years, decades, or even for life, convicted of an activity that is no longer a crime, while thousands of other people build intergenerational wealth doing exactly the same thing.
That is the situation that over 40,000 cannabis prisoners face today in the United States alone, while countless others languish in jails and prisons worldwide. The Last Prisoner Project is a coalition of cannabis industry leaders, executives, and artists dedicated to bringing restorative justice to the cannabis industry.